Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 09 South Goulburn started


Early May 2009 already the year is flying by.

I have started laying the foam underlay for Goulburn South track work. The hard part will be to Work out how to fit the 90Ft turntable and coaling stage (both to be built at a later date) in the space I have and still make it look like Goulburn Loco. I did not do the Loco yard on the plans as I was hoping to find some more space for the turntable. I have a Opening in to the workshop that will make it easier to fit the Turntable and Round House.
I have added a Copy of the original drawing of Goulburn Loco just to show how much I have to cut out to fit it in but i hope it still look good. The round house will not be a full one as in the drawing it just takes up to much room. Alot of the Duplicate track will go, one was to duel line to the round house from the station. The Coal stack roads there are 5 on the Plan, but I may only have 2but will still give the Idea of storage tracks.
I Hope to get Goulburn south track layed this month as well as finishing of Moss vale Track work.
We have been busy installing the ANE Point Servos to the Mainline Points and Slide Switches to the yards all of Goulburn North and Medway are done.
With working out Goulburn Loco it has added a Few more Points, so far it has been 15 more Points to take the Total to 382 from 367 points.



As the there will be more to add it looks like it may top the 400 Mark alot of points to build as I have Built 94 so far lots of work to do better get back to it.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Awesome work on the layout! One quick question: What are you using for track underlay? ie the white stuff.